New generation LENTIS Mplus Intra-ocular lenses
Lentis mplus intra-ocular lens (by Oculentis, Berlin and Topcon, Rotterdam) is a multi-focal lens created using a new technology and is used in cataract surgeries and treatment of presbyopia and astigmatism. These are the new generation lenses – modern and more effective, providing ability to see well both far and near.
The working principle of LENTIS Mplus
A very new approach to multifocal principle has been introduced when developing the Lentis Mplus. In other lenses focusing steps are achieved by diffraction rings. Multi-focusing effect in Lentis Mplus is ensured by the combination of two radial sectors, namely the asymmetric part is used for far-sight, while the other sector is used for focusing on near objects. This technology provides for smooth transition between the two sectors with minimum loss of light rays, ensuring excellent vision both far and near. Thanks to the fact that the “far” focus is getting more light the contrast sensitivity is improved while image ghosting effect is significantly reduced. The lens is aberration-neutral, meaning the halo effect and glares are brought to a minimum. Since the light rays are not diffracted (as happens with other lens models) the Lentis Mplus lenses ensure better image quality in general.
Advantages of LENTIS MPLUS lenses:
Excellent vision both far and near;
Improved contrast sensitivity;
- Significant reduction of glares, halos and image doubling;
- Bothe focuses of Lentis Mplus IOL are located on the visual axis preventing any image misalignment;
- True sharp 360˚ continuous barrier effect for enhanced PCO prophylaxis;
- Haptics (fixtures) of the lens are monolith, ensuring secure lens fixation within the capsule bag;
- The lens is made of HydroSmart® - a copolymer, consisting of acrylates with hydrophobic surface, UV absorbing;
Excellent biocompatibility with eye tissues;
- One of the special features of Lentis Mplus lenses is the fact that the very first day after implantation most patients can read newspapers without spectacles, since the outcome of this microsurgery does not depend on the pupil dilation extent.
Multifocal toric lens LENTIS MPLUS TORIC
The model Lentis Mplus Toric gas been designed for patients who have astigmatism and cataract accompanied by astigmatism. Lentis Mplus intraocular lenses correct cornea curvature and ensure high vision quality. Clinical research proved that 98% of patients having had Lentis Mplus Toric lenses implanted in both eyes do not need additional spectacles correction of astigmatism. Lentis Mplus Toric lenses are manufactured individually for each patient allowing to take care of all particular features of a visual system.
Rate this article
Saving your rating...
Thanks for rating
History of cataract surgery. Intra-ocular lenses
Intra-ocular lenses (IOL) which are used in cataract and refractive surgery appeared thanks to th...